- Novel Coronavirus continues to keep growing on the psyche of the nation in more than one form. To its credit, authorities and concerned stakeholders acted on the expected lines in consultation with the experts surely. Resultant successive lockdowns, economic upheaval, large scale migrations, widespread sufferings, loss of lives and livelihood and many more woeful tales later, the country is limping back to normalcy. However, no palpable sign of plateauing or flattening of the curve is a major cause of concern though.
PC: economic times
- Governments have done their bit and shall continue to discharge responsibilities to counter the virulent virus in the days ahead too. However, the moot point to ponder over here is whether as responsible citizens of the country, are we participating wholeheartedly in strengthening the hands of the authorities in ways expected of us. Answer shall be a big no without an iota of doubt. Social distancing norms, wearing of masks, frequently washing hands and maintaining hygiene are being forsaken brazenly.
- Despite the deluge of information using every available platform/medium extolling the people to follow the above-mentioned norms diligently, the majority of the people have developed the unwelcome practice of not following the prescribed norms in entirety. It’s a classic case of by now familiar despicable thought process most of us nurture that infection does not contract us but surely would embrace others. We are high on preaching others to follow the norms but conveniently overlook in observing.
- Virus does not differentiate between caste, creed, age, religion, boundaries or for that matter gender while ensnaring individual(s) as it marches ahead. Ruthless and extremely contagious in its present form, the only way to stall the deadly virus is by observing the safety guidelines consistently without resorting to undesirable false bravado. Scores of vulnerable people are perishing failing to observe the mandated measures without realizing such foolhardy moves are jeopardizing others’ lives too.
- It is not out of place to mention that wearing a mask not only protects us from getting infected but also shields others from catching the same. There may be vulnerable and immuno-compromised individual(s) in the family or at our workplaces, respectively who could be placed in a potentially dangerous position leading to fatality in the worst-case scenario. Every single life is precious and as such, even loss of a single life may cause unmitigated disruption/deprivation on the livelihood of dependant family(s).
- Therefore, as responsible citizens let us vow to follow the safety norms as also advice/urge / insist/compel on all those people whom we come across / encounter in our day-to-day functioning to assiduously observe the same. Let us not let our guard down, please!