- After a long wait and undergoing unquantifiable draining out of precious lives, livelihood, time, resources, and after subjected to extreme challenges and hardships, there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel as indicators on the infection cases are visibly showing a downward trend for the past few days. From the peak of reporting more than ninety thousand plus confirmed infection cases per day to a relatively smaller number of cases of forty-nine thousand per day is a welcome change rising hopes of the countrymen as regards to expected peak, which appears behind us now hopefully.
Pc: Essex Resilience Forum
- However, every medical experts and authority are urging in a single voice to exercise extreme caution without letting down our guard vis-à-vis maintaining social distancing of at least six feet, proper wearing of mask covering nose and mouth, and frequent washing of hands apart from observing personal hygiene protocol shave become an inalienable part of our daily lives for the foreseeable future. There is neither ambiguity nor questioning on the safety and health parameters acting as the sole criterion in fighting the menace for some more months.
- Humankind is under duress and fatigue owing to perpetually challenging times presented by the extraordinary pandemic situation that has left each one of us on a different scale of trauma. Quantifying the hardships will be futile as mental exertion also has played its debilitating part in further traumatizing the people in varied forms. Mindful of the infectious nature of the virus and in the absence of the invention of an effective vaccine yet, the Prime Minister’s passionate exhortation to all citizens in his recent address is most apt and timely.
- The PM’s address was solely restricted to abhorring complacency in the face of reduced infection rates witnessed during the last fortnight or so. As the festival season is already underway in most parts of the country, fatigued people craving for fun and diversion to indulge in revelry without adhering to prescribed health and safety protocols isa great cause for concern since large gatherings are definite gateways allowing the virus to spread alarmingly. Any laxity in observing the norms will have a cascading effect ruining everything gained here over the last few months.
Pc: The Hindu
- Most disturbingly, many European countries are witnessing a renewed surge in infection cases when all economic activities were allowed despite the WHO cautioning restraint in no uncertain terms. It is incumbent on the part of all citizens to strictly follow what is being incessantly propagated by the authorities concerned. The Prime Minister’s exhortations are nothing but simply reiterating the obvious as happiness associated with festivities should not pave way for lurking dangers of the virus to reassert again. Caution is the word and let us all follow it diligently.