- As children, while we were growing up in the comforts of our homes surrounded by doting parents, affectionate siblings, and amidst the comforting presence of close buddies, many of us would recollect with fond memories how every elderly figure kept urging about not deviating from the long trodden path by cutting corners. Galore of moral stories based on the real-life experiences of inspirational figures were shared with anecdotes depicting how monumental achievements came into existence on the back of stupendous perseverance.
- Imbibing heroic tales of extraordinary accomplishments of many historical figures were par for the course learnings for us right from homes to schools to popular personalities invited on special occasions to deliver inspirational talks. None of these acclaimed human beings ever deviated from the path of delving on the imperative virtues of breaking established norms of undergoing inevitable grind when set out to achieve something significant. The moral of the story shared by every single individual(s) always reminded us about the inescapable slog.
- Whether it is a fable, legend, epic, and personalized experience of the high-achievers, one common factor associated with those jaw-dropping achievements in the final analyses always exhort the virtues of hard work without having provisioned anything desirous on a platter. Earning without expending precious time, effort, sweat, and blood simply does not fit into the realm of the universe’s law of natural justice that commands no less than concerted doggedness to cross the finishing line with great aplomb.
Pc: Student Giri
- Closely observing and striking a conversation with those phenomenal achievers from different walks of life would reveal howsoever challenging situations one might have encountered during pursuing the chosen path and overcoming the same would have extracted a remarkable amount of sacrifices. Delayed self-gratification would be the most common factor amongst any achievers, either small or big, as the universe concurs exception on none whatsoever without impounding some amount of cost, significant or insignificant, in return.
- Attempting to traverse on more than one task/goal/objective at a time is bound to fail as the attention demanded in realizing a particular task cannot be compromised by deviating/dividing focus. As we take one step at a time to move ahead, any accomplishments are premised on similar lines by focusing on one task at a time. Unpleasant consequences of attempting to achieve balance out of traversing in two different boats are known to us. Likewise, attempting to cut corners, adopting dubious means, efforts at hoodwinking, and dishonesty will fall flat come what may. That is the Law of the Universe, which cannot change forever.
Pc: Sticky Branding
- Crystal clear consciousness, clarity of goals, concentrated attention, mental preparation to undergo a long overhaul, intellectual makeup to sacrifice personal comforts, unflinching belief in one’s ability, unperturbed approach in facing anticipated and unforeseen challenges, and last but not the least tremendous fortitude to move ahead despite challenges defines an individual’s character. And these virtues can only be flouted without cutting corners and remaining true to ourselves. Indeed, hard work and determined focus always pay dividends.