- Unlock 1.0 has removed almost every restriction that was in place during successive lockdowns save for few like mass gatherings, international travel, rallies and the most happening topic of the lot, schools and colleges. Apparently, consensus is eluding the authorities concerned to evolve a strategy acceptable to all stakeholders, primarily the parents who rightfully are apprehensive about the safety of their children.
PC: news Bytesapp
- Education being a State subject, Union Human Resources Department Ministry can only come out with broad guidelines on the matter which are advisory in nature at best. State Education Departments’ are expected to decide and act keeping in mind the best interests of the children depending on the evolving situation on the ground. Understandably, parents’ voices will have to be accorded due hearing and consideration before arriving at any decision as to when is the right time to open schools and colleges.
- Going by the look of things, it appears the dreaded virus is in no hurry to shut shop and vanish into thin air as the infection rates continue to scale newer heights every single day causing lots of anxiety amongst the parent community. Hence, demand for not starting the schools is gaining ground where the parents are categorical in demanding authorities to not consider opening at all.
- With no hope of inventing vaccines any time soon to tackle the virus effectively, pragmatically speaking, we all are staring at a real possibility of living with the virus at least for a year or two. This being the case, are we prepared to deprive our children of educating to move ahead in life or do we psyche ourselves up to face the challenge by diligently observing recommended measures to keep safe?
- Options available to us are crystal clear and it is up to the parents to make up their minds by allowing children to attend schools as and when the authorities decide to allow opening. Mind you, the entire gamut of economic activities is underway by observing safety measures and there is no reason whatsoever to doubt why schools of all the places will fail to observe the same.
PC: Indian Express
- Remember, education and schools inter alia form an extremely important part of the nation’s building block churning out tomorrow’s flag bearers and hence cannot be restricted too long citing fear of the unknown. Rest assured, educational institutions will traverse any extent to ensure students’ overall safety is not compromised one bit. However, onus equally rests with the parents to decide realistically to move ahead and support the endeavors of the Government and Education authorities.