- No sooner the lockdowns paved way for Unlock 1.0 measures easing several strictly enforced restrictions, infection rates are suddenly appearing ominous scaling newer heights by the day across the country. Infection rates that were emerging in hundreds are crossing tens of thousands now further straining the healthcare infrastructure considerably under the mounting weight. Notably, the sheer population density in our country will pose severe challenges whilst coping the pandemic.
PC: VegWorld Magazine
- The Government and its enforcing agencies are at the forefront making concerted efforts in addressing the challenges adopting by now popular 4Ts i.e. tracing, tracking, testing and treatment protocols yielding desirable results. These measures have successfully transformed hitherto worrying spikes recorded clusters and areas into satisfactorily infection contained zones. Replication of similar measures are afoot in few of the most affected states as well.
- Hearteningly, the above actions specifically highlight efforts of the authorities resolve and dedication in addressing the pandemic concerns effectively. Reassuringly, the authorities will leave no stone unturned in continuing their efforts going ahead as well. However, resting on the efforts of the authorities alone would not suffice if the virus menace must be tackled resourcefully. Options available with the stakeholders are limited and as such, entails not only contributions at individual levels but also collectively too.
- Individuals’ are expected to shoulder equal if not more responsibilities aiding the authorities by simply observing laid out guidelines like sincerely wearing recommended masks, maintaining social distancing, frequently washing hands, following basic hygiene standards. Mentioned simple to-do actions are invariably helping not only us but also society at large. Collective efforts alone shall bear desired results. Any laxity, as is being witnessed everywhere, might result in unwanted reverting to lockdown yet again.
PC: Munich Airport
- Remember, the country cannot afford to have anymore lockdowns as the severely battered economy is yet to regain eroded grounds from the fallout of earlier shutting. Extensively reported and the unreported trail of destructions are not only gut-wrenching but also warns us in no uncertain terms the after-effects of lockdowns. As such, it is incumbent on the part of each of us to willingly aid the authorities to strengthen efforts in tackling the adversity most adroitly.
- Authorities should also explore ways to co-opt celebrities, religious heads, famous personalities from various fields to disseminate information on the necessity to diligently follow safety and health guidelines. No sooner we can contain the virus more sooner the country will return to normalcy. Otherwise, we are in for a very long and tumultuous haul for sure.