- As the dreaded virus spreads its tentacles to the nook and corner of the country, horror stories are emerging quite alarmingly about the inhuman treatment accorded to the infected patients from the authorities, neighbors as well as shockingly, close family members too. Pandemic related information dissemination over the past three months has been so profound and in your face that is has become a double-edged sword now.
- Information about the necessity to observe social distancing norms, wearing masks, frequent sanitizing of hands, and maintaining personal hygiene has been relentless ensuring people are aware of the pitfalls in not adhering to the norms. On the flipside, scores of people would be subconsciously attuned with the information barrage as well as exchanges fearing worst for themselves as well as near and dear ones from the virus.
- Now that the spike witnessed everywhere shows a considerable increase wherein people are contracting the virus courtesy variety of reasons, there is a disturbingly loathsome practice observed against those suffering from the illness. Come to think of it, the infected individuals would be extremely edgy, fearsome, and nervous wrecks for contracting the infection. Experiencing hostile conduct only adds to their misery.
- There is any number of instances being reported wherein infected people are not only subjected to the stigma attached to the virus but also facing traumatic reality vis-à-vis treatment meted out by the surrounding people. Added to the misery is the crumbling healthcare arrangements and unresponsive officials that are extracting a toll from the infected family right from receiving COVID report to waiting for an ambulance for transporting to the dedicated hospital to finally undergoing treatment is a distressing story.
- Rather than espousing mature understanding and rational disposition towards the affected lot, what is on display is sheer inhumane behavior meted out towards our fellow human beings in these times of difficulties and challenges. Extending requisite help and empathetic handling of the situation would not only alleviate the anxiety levels of the affected but also helps in reassuring the fragile psyche of all concerned.
PC: new Indian express
- Most disturbingly, visuals of unclaimed dead bodies, the inhuman burial of deceased, mortal remains waiting for shifting, abandoned bodies despite the availability of family’s are so barbaric and macabre that such practices should have no place whatsoever in a civilized environment. The need of the hour dictates us to display sensitivity, solidarity, considerate temperament as well as extending all possible assistance to our fellow beings.
- Unfortunately, unfolding events are anything but acceptable and as expected in a society where inhabitants are increasingly finding inconsiderate conduct overriding empathetic outlook. Request all to be more empathetic as and when the necessity arises.