- Over the century or so, the humankind underwent such rapid transformation vis-à-vis scientific advancements, technological progression, medical inventions, life-style alterations, healthcare improvements and the list go on and on. Add to the mix, Artificial Intelligence aided tools and assistances that are creating waves across globes, humanity should not be faulted for feeling almost immortal and stronger with such acquisitions.
- Priding over achievements, especially in the last 30 years or so, are indeed most welcome and calls for celebrations as well. Mind you, all such revolutionary inventions and a slew of exciting discoveries in the pipeline using cutting edge technologies are modern-day wonders which have accentuated comforts for all of us in every conceivable field. In fact, entire humanity is basking in the glory brought about by improvements.
- Whenever humankind starts oscillating between complacency and arrogance tinged dispositions marveling at false supremacy so achieved owing to newer achievements, Mother Nature has stepped in reminding subtly and not so subtly about our vulnerabilities in upping the game or overriding the natural/fundamental convention of the universe. When you disturb the nature’s equilibrium, there will be repercussions.
- It could be in the form of periodical floods, earthquakes, droughts, famine, diseases or viruses as we are witnessing presently in the form of novel coronavirus pandemic. Scientific and medical advancements are proving worthless as the raging virus keeps mutating and spreading infection alarmingly. As of now, strengthening immunity to keep the infection at bay appears only tangible measure.
- This is where we all need to go back to our roots and search earnestly for an answer as to how our forefathers survived and thrived during those periods where living standards were bare minimum / basic as compared to present times. The most notable difference back then and now is the harmony with which the earlier generations lived with Mother Nature without desecrating or surmounting unequal challenges.
- Humankind back then accorded huge respect/reverence to nature’s bountiful showering without ever attempting to invade/conquer the unassailable supremacy of the later. Harmonious living meant no excessive greed, debauchery and staying content by observing / following nature’s universal laws obediently. Grandmothers/fathers were hands-on in making us understand this unwritten but sacred laws without doubting one bit about functionalities.
- However, as our older generations passed into nature’s lap, all those harmonious practices gave way to present-day exploitations in line with the changing times. Blessed are those who still have elder generations to guide us to those forgotten golden rules of harmonious living. Nature has warned us in no uncertain terms and it’s time to go back to our almost lost roots to reboot the same yet again.