- The Indian Premier League (ILP) T20 cricket tournament has lived up to its hype, expectations, and some more in the matches played thus far. There has been no dearth of thrills, frills, heart-stopping climaxes, and heartbreaks, as the vagaries of the game are on full resplendent display. Not for nothing cricket is termed as a sport endowed with glorious uncertainties and the ongoing edition of the IPL has only further strengthened this moniker. Such has been the roller-coaster ride in many of the matches played so far in the UAE much to the delight of the cricket fans.
Pc: Inside Sport
- There are oft-repeated remarks attributed to cricket stating that statistics do not reflect the true worth of either the individual brilliance or for that matter team’s performances. Other considerations go into defining a team game where every single participant contributes to varying degrees not necessarily in a defined manner. Yes, there is any number of instances wherein scintillating individual performances has resulted in triumph when everything appeared lost. The IPL has witnessed a string of such performances over the years.
- This edition of the IPL too has had its share of unbelievable action unfolding on the field where much-fancied players have come cropper riding on tremendous expectations and equally unheralded players have showcased some jaw-dropping pyrotechnics defying popular beliefs as well. As the tournament slowly inches towards the business end, there are enough indications available as to where exactly the competing teams find themselves positioned vis-à-vis making it to the play-offs from where any team holding nerves can traverse the distance.
Pc: Latest News Headline
- The most heartening aspect visible so far in the tournament underway is to see perennially underperforming teams appear to have finally cracked the winning code to gradually move in the right direction. Teams like Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Delhi Capitals (DC), and Kings XI Punjab (KXIP)are dishing out some memorable wins and with a spectacular display of all-round play. Especially true of RCB and DC who boasts of some of the most admired world-class players, both Indian and foreign recruits, winning matches with confidence and authority.
- No wonder, alongside Mumbai Indians, RCB and DC are in line to book their respective places in the playoffs. KXIP too has a realistic chance of making it to the playoffs if they perform on expected lines in the remaining games. It would be hugely surprising if any of the mentioned teams fail to make it to the knockout stage. If so, it should be their undoing. The most disappointing story has originated from the once consistent stables of Chennai Super Kings who are all set to bow out without making it to the vaunted playoffs.
Pc: The Indian Express
- The once impregnable fortress of CSK ominously gives an impression of vulnerability and has been breached gravely. From here on, it could be a toss-up between Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR), and Rajasthan Royals (RR) to make it to the last four. Every match from now on would be an interesting battle vying for the top four finish. The team that holds nerves and exhibits versatile skills in each department of the game will go the distance. An interesting time awaits us!