- Avid cricket enthusiasts would have noticed the emergence of a pattern the way Team India is bouncing back from the spanking it received in the first Test match of a series. Keen observers will recollect how in Australia the Indian team was brushed aside in the first Test to come back roaringly in the second to level the series. In the ongoing Test series between India and England too the similarity is obvious as Team India was humbled in the first match in Chennai followed by a convincing win in the second with a huge 317 drubbing inflicted on the touring side. The Test concluded in three-and-a-half days amply demonstrates our domination on the proceedings.
PC: ClickFeeds Desk
- What are those key contributions that transformed the defeated team to thunder back in a spectacular fashion in a matter of days? Fast-paced unfolding on the field of cricket during the Test matches experienced lately would have been sneered at before the advent of the shortest format of the game viz. T20 has unquestionably altered the way players go about showcasing their skills. Extremely slow-paced, meandering, and boring tame draws were so common in the last few decades severely denting the popularity of the longer version. Welcomingly, the abridged version of the game has ushered in innovativeness in the longer format.
- Teams are not settling for anything less than a win nowadays and nurturing an attacking mindset to go for the kill has transformed into an exciting five days of Test cricket which is lapped up with tremendous enthusiasm by the followers. Continuing in the same vein, the brand of cricket displayed by Team India in Chennai was not only mesmerizing but also captivating, to say the least. Hitman Rohit Sharma set the tone for the match with an attacking and skillful century on the first day on a challenging pitch helping the spinners. His partnership with Ajinkya Rahane was crucial as also an aggressive unbeaten half-century by the fast-improving Rishabh Pant.
PC: Team Latestly
- It has indeed become a routine for Ravichandran Ashwin to run through the visiting teams in home conditions and he did not disappoint by clinching yet another fifer to skittle out the English for a paltry 134 in the first innings. As the pitch started deteriorating alarmingly, what followed in the Indian second innings is something to cheer about. Ashwin further enhanced his credentials as a spinning allrounder by scoring a scintillating century in the second innings ably supported by Captain Virat Kohli piling on a huge total for the opponents to chase. As expected, England folded up to a paltry 164 giving India a win by mammoth 317 runs.
- Debutant Axar Patel with a fifer turned out to be the hero alongside Ashwin’s three scalps. With the series leveled at 1-1, the battle shifts to the newly revamped Motera stadium in Ahmedabad for the remaining two Tests. From now on, Team India will be viewed as favorites to win the series and it will take monumental efforts from England to stop the home team from romping away. Well done Team India! World Test Championship awaits you! Go for it!