- Ever since the pandemic induced restrictions were enforced following which majority of the people started working from home in line with the present-day requirement, one of the compromises that the humankind was subjected to can be rightly termed as unavoidable confinement within the comforts of four walls. The citizens living in metropolitan cities, tier II and tier III cities were ensconced in their homes and got used to the new norm after initial challenges. One of the major fallout of the situation was a lack of physical activity owing to altered circumstances during the initial days.
- Fortunately, subsequent unlock guidelines allowed people to even visit gymnasiums to resume physical exercises albeit strictly adhering to social distancing norms as also following health and safety measures as well. It is quite natural to have got used to a set routine bereft of physical exertion due to restrictions imposed for such a long duration. As a consequence, many of us would have struggled to pick-up from where we left vis-à-vis indulging in physical exercises. Challenge was to reboot the lethargic mind and body to undergo rigours yet again.
- As many of us would readily vouch, during every New Year that dawns, resolutions to commence some form of physical activity henceforth is spoken to with much enthusiasm and diligently followed for a few days. Approaching the D-Day, talks invariably veers towards possible resolutions but most often than not, it is commencing/resuming any form of physical exercise that takes the cake. Suitable gear/fabrics supporting the endeavor are procured with great zeal and we are all set to roll out. As is its won’t, what starts with such fanfare gradually fizzles out as the priorities changes for most of us relegating the physical activity to an inconsequential status.
PC: Jake Bernards
- Remember humans are nothing but creations primarily made out of habitual practices adopted and sustained over a lengthy period. There is a saying that aptly mentions that anything practiced for twenty-one days continually forms as a habit. As we are aware, it is those initial days that poses tremendous challenges to the mind and body to devote time and focus to sustain. Pulling out of the bed regularly in pursuit of attaining goals set demands discipline, determination, and passion in no small measure.
- People blessed with reasonably sufficient will-power will pull through several excuses that the subconscious mind throws at in stopping us from pursuing our stated objectives. Beauty lies in subjugating the mind to our wishes. Trust me, indeed it is a tantalizing and fascinating mind game that plays over and over again before physical exercise attains the inviolable part of our daily existence serving us with huge benefits vis-à-vis fitness, endurance, and energy.