- The electoral battles in the country are dime a dozen is stating the obvious. As you are aware, the Parliamentary and Assembly Elections are conducted once in five years though owing to reasons like deaths, party hopping, resignations of the elected representative, and dissolutions of the Houses, the country undertakes elections/by-elections perpetually almost round the year. Keen followers of the electoral fortunes are not complaining about the frequent polls as the inherently present entertainment quotient can put to shame any of the acclaimed potboilers originating from the deep depths of the Indian entertainment industries. Such is its pull, you see.
PC: FP Politics
- Every conceivable ingredient to enthrall the audience is incorporated in copious measures right from the moment an announcement is made on the ensuing elections. The paraphernalia associated leading up to the D-Day cannot be described in mere words but must be experienced soaking fully into the vivaciousness and vibrancy visible during the period. It will be an understatement to mention that the entire country’s attention will be focused on the eventual outcome that ostensibly defines the future roadmap whether any number of promises made during the electioneering process is fulfilled or otherwise in the end.
- Thus, it is nothing less than fascinating to soak in the atmosphere generated during election times. Ask people in the know who will vouch vociferously seconding the same. None has garnered such extremely rigorous attention in the recent past as the ensuing assembly elections in four states and one union territory underway currently. Especially the one being held in West Bengal has created such a tremendous buzz that the two main parties in the form of the ruling Trinamool Congress led by the mercurial incumbent Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and the relentlessly expanding challenger in the form of Bharatiya Janata Party will be the cynosure of all eyes.
PC: Abhishek Law
- The mother of all battles is being played out in Nandigram where the voters would have sealed the fate of the high-profile contestants when you happen to read the article. Rightly billed as a titanic clash between CM Banerjee and her aide-turned-rival Suvendu Adhikari having joined the BJP a few months back. Nandigram holds symbolical significance in that Mamata rode to power from here battling against the 34 years rule of the Left Front government on the back of anti-land-acquisition agitation. As can be seen, things have come full circle and the result in Nandigram will once again have huge repercussions for the rest of Bengal. This contest has caught the great attention of the entire country.
- A lot is riding at stake here which can make or break the fortunes of both the TMC and BJP. Just imagine a scenario if Mamata is defeated in Nandigram dealing a huge blow to her legacy as also catapulting Suvendu to the top of the Bengal leadership, potentially allowing him to stake a claim for the Chief Ministership itself. On the other hand, a victory for Didi will not only boost TMC rank and file but also propel the maverick leader to don the role of undisputed leader amongst all other opposition parties, including at the national level. Therefore, all eyes will be on the mother of all contests in Nandigram holding key to West Bengal and in turn, the national political scenario.