- Today, 29th July 2020, will go down in the history of the Indian Air Force as one of those momentous occasions as first of the five of the agreed-upon thirty-six best in class Omni-role Rafale fighter jets touches down at the Ambala’s ‘Golder Arrow’ Squadron base. The jets will be formally inducted into the No. 17 Squadron of the Indian Air Force later in the day. The Chief of the Air Staff is scheduled to receive the much-awaited fighter jets in the strategically located key airbase.
PC: india tv News
- As the nation is a witness for quite a long time now, the Indian Air Force was desperately requesting for the advanced fighter jets to augment its fast depleting air superiority vis-à-vis two frontiers – to the West and the East – representing Pakistan and China, respectively. Extreme concerns were being expressed amongst the top-brass envisaging a scenario where the exigency would arise for the India Air Force and the eventuality of simultaneously engaging both the enemy forces. Such a situation would have challenged the IAF’s resolve considerably. Now that apprehension stands addressed.
- Due credit should be accorded to the present Union Government for fast-tracking the procurement of the much-needed fighter jets by inking a government-to-government level deal with France. Long-delayed defense procurement process got a big boost amidst huge controversy fashioned by the opposition with allegations of corruption surrounding the deal. Thankfully, the government’s determined action ensured the Indian Air Force’s fighting capabilities are augmented boosting the morale sky-high.
- Rafale is unambiguously hailed by military aviation experts around the world as one of the most advanced 4.5 generation fighter jet manufactured by the renowned Dassault Aviation of France. The Omni-role fighter is capable of interdiction, ground support, aerial reconnaissance, in-depth aerial strikes, anti-ship strikes, and most importantly, even carrying out nuclear payloads to attack if the military conflict escalates to a nuclear war. Undoubtedly, rewarding and welcoming addition to the firepower of the military.
- The most heartening aspect that makes one feel so proud of the fact that the Rafale’s are superior to the Chengdu J-20s and US F-16s, which at present are the most potent fighter jets operated by the Chinese and Pakistani Air Force, respectively. Our latest acquisition sets the record straight vis-à-vis air combat supremacy the Indian Air Force will enjoy in the immediate as well as foreseeable future. As modern warfare is predominantly dominated by air superiority, we hold a definite edge during any exigency from now on. Enemies beware.
- Equipped with state-of-the-art modern weaponry carrying a plethora of missiles to execute both air-to-ground cruise missile and air-to-air strikes will fashion the Indian Air Force’s response to defend as well as go on the attack when the nation’s sovereignty is challenged. Rs. 59,000 Crore worth deal for thirty-six fighter jets is worthy of every penny spent. A big morale booster for the Armed Forces. Feeling proud indeed!