- We Indians loathe to follow guidelines, instructions, advisories, exhortations, and simple requests on any matter under the earth immediately, unless forced on us. The reason for being skeptical and apprehensive is owing to congenital disregard for considering such valuable inputs at face value as we firmly believe there must be something fishy behind envisaged moves. Name it as a typical Indian mentality of suspecting everything before gaining wide acceptance is par for the course practice visible across the landscape. Reasons could be our inherited heritage with glorious history/lineage, age-old traditions/cultures, diverse philosophies and ideologies passed on since ages, and inherently developed antagonism towards novelty factors emerging out of nowhere.
PC: Toy Bonnie
- Wholesome and fulsome acceptance to newer introductions does take an enormous amount of cajoling, perseverance, urgings, guidance, threats, and sometimes forceful thrust to embrace norms for the general good of the society. All of us would have experienced a unique phenomenon prevalent in our country about our reluctance and almost lackadaisical approach towards matters of concern unless we are directly affected resulting in casualties. Of course, dissemination of information on critical matters is extremely slow placed and might extort tremendous diligence from all concerned to reach out to the teeming millions.
- The pandemic-related issue has made most of us experts in distinctive ways for the information deluge available on the dreaded virus from various sources scarcely goes unnoticed. Animated discussions on the emerging situation vis-à-vis several variants and mutated strains are dime a dozen even if half of the information being discussed could be far from the truth or mostly unscientific or unsubstantiated. We witnessed how millions of eligible beneficiaries to receive vaccination were initially so reluctant and apprehensive. In the beginning, many frontline and healthcare warriors, who were in the thick of action attending to the infected patients, also showed little enthusiasm to get themselves inoculated despite concerted exhortations.
PC: Nurhuda Syed
- Fear mongering and widespread trepidation towards the vaccine was so rampant that thousands refused to get the necessary jab citing churlish reasons. With the second covid wave ravaging the country with such ferociousness and immeasurable misery, scores of eligible beneficiaries, as well as an earlier reluctant lot, are flocking to the hospitals to receive the lifesaving jabs. Ironically, willing millions are wishing to receive jabs but the vaccination supply is not complementing the enthusiasm on display. Thankfully, there are efforts underway to produce adequate vaccines to meet the humongous demand. However, there is no way such a multitude of people will receive jabs in the immediate future.
- Call it herd mentality or simply lack of leadership qualities amongst the majority of us, we always wait and watch before making up our minds to embrace matters of importance even though potentially beneficial to us in the long run. Note that we sorely lack that daredevilry, unbridled eagerness, and clarity of thoughts that erect unfounded barricades stopping us from realizing full potentialities. We profoundly miss to press ahead with a killer punch that separates good from the extraordinarily good, achievers from super-achievers, powerful from supremely powerful, and the list keeps going on forever. What stops us from being the trendsetters and torchbearers is unknown and inexplicable. Let us be leaders in our little ways rather than being pushed around by setting the norms worthy of emulation.