- The Indian cricket team would be just feeling confident on the back of a historic Test series victory in Australia where none gave them a chance to overcome the might of the Aussies. Having won the series 2-1 despite being battered with injuries, racial abuses, excruciatingly demanding bio-bubble environment, loss of first-pick players, and an inexperienced but fearless bunch of young cricketers who rose to the occasion quite spectacularly, Team India can be expected to be confident. Make no mistake, the overwhelmingly satisfactory/inspirational achievement will be remembered for decades to come for its sheer audacity and fearlessness in capturing adversities.
PC: Dan Colasimone
- However, as happens with everything else, the Indian cricket team will have to move forward from the high of conquering the formidable Aussie Team to the one that beckons immediately as the England cricket team has arrived for a four-match Test series starting from 05th February 2021 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Note that the first two Tests will be played in Chennai, and the next two Tests will be played in Ahmedabad. Interestingly, the England team is coming on the back of a two-Test match sweep against the Sri Lankans and should be feeling quite confident about fancying their chances here against the more fancied opposition.
- Indian Team on the other hand would wish to continue the winning ways by carrying forward the momentum into their backyard. With the return of Skipper Virat Kohli and pace spearhead Ishant Sharma to the fold, Team India will be feeling further strengthened to go all out to eke out a comfortable series win against the England team led by the prolific Skipper Joe Root who is in tremendous form on the back of two successive centuries scored against the Lankans. They will also be buoyed by the presence of two impact players in all-rounder Ben Stokes and incredibly talented fast bowler Jofra Archer.
PC: Shuvangi Sen Chaudhury
- Though they will miss the services of equally talented Johny Bairstow for the first two Tests, who will look forward to joining the team for the last two Tests for sure, England can pose formidable questions as the series moves ahead. Team India on the other hand will be itching to not only consolidate their winning ways but also aim to seal a place in the much-coveted ICC Test Championships scheduled in June 2021. Succeeding in adverse situations would dramatically transform even a modestly talented player into something extraordinary reaffirming the maxim that sports do not build character but reveal it in full splendor when it matters most. Team India can rightly claim to have few players who have risen to the occasion.
- Therefore, avid cricket followers would be keenly watching how Team India takes strides in the ensuing four-match Test series to stamp its authority over no pushovers in England in the next few weeks. One thing is certain that England will offer stiff resistance as well as fight and are well prepared to challenge the home team. An intriguing battle to assert supremacy will be at play. Ultimately, the level of the contest will ensure the game of cricket will emerge as the ultimate winner.