- Schools and colleges are the most sensitive areas requiring greater attention and care before the authorities concerned decides to allow opening in the face of novel coronavirus pandemic. Though slew of earlier imposed restrictions are eased over a period of time, the education sector continues to pose yet unanswered questions about the jurisprudence of opening the same. Apparently, the Union Human Resource Department is still mulling over this ticklish issue.
PC: current affairs
- In the absence of concrete suggestions or guidelines, all educational institutions are clueless as to when actually they will be asked to resume pedagogy. Delayed exams for crucial Grades of X and XII are scheduled to be conducted in the first fortnight of July. Kindly note that professional competitive entrance exams like NEET, JEE, CET are also scheduled to be conducted in the same month as well.
- Amidst slow returning to normalcy, there is a raging debate going on in the country about the efficacy of carrying out online classes for the ensuing academic year normally commencing from the first week of June. This year has been anything but normal so far and this being the case, efforts are afoot to kick-start online classes with the sole intention of not falling behind in completing the syllabus on time.
- Hectic preparations are underway across the fraternity wherein strengthening of infrastructure related to aiding effective implementation of online classes has taken priority and rightly so. However, there are conflicting reports and opinions emerging from the experts and educators that questions the usefulness of such classes lacking direct connection that is the soul and heart of teaching as can be seen/experienced in conventional methods.
- What about the attention span of students that anyways keeps wavering within a short duration and as such, it is best left to the imagination of the parents concerned as to what would follow at home for an extended period of time. Challenges galore confront the teaching fraternity too who are neither exposed to this novel teaching methodology nor can they lay claim to exercise complete control over what is being taught and most importantly, making students grasp as it should be.
- Few reports also suggest continuous online teaching might not be healthy for the younger lot affecting their overall well-being as also hindering grasping abilities. Since there is no precedence to fall back upon, online teaching efforts of the educational institutions underway at best could be termed as honest endeavor but one that does not promise expected dividends. We all should sincerely wish the schools are allowed to function sooner than later.