- All those movie enthusiasts especially hooked on to Hollywood spy-thrillers, would not think twice before placing the James Bond franchise-based extravaganzas at the top of the genre without casting any doubts whatsoever. Carving out a distinct niche on the silver screen across the world and establishing loyal followers over many decades speaks volumes about the pull sustained by the ever-increasing admirers pining for the franchise-based spy-thrillers. British Spy Agent 007 James Bond became synonymous with stylish portrayals on the big screen captivating millions of fans by churning out one thriller after another.
- The one actor who stands at the top of the popularity charts whilst portraying the suave, debonair, and charismatic killer spy on the screen is none other than Sir Thomas Sean Connery who was instrumental in not only firmly establishing the stylish character of fictional British secret agent James Bond on the international filmdom but also set an admirable benchmark is carrying forward the legacy so created to unforeseen stardom whose popularity sustains to this day. Sir Sean Connery had the privilege of portraying such an iconic character in seven of the Bond movies between 1962 and 1983.
- Truly a Scotsman till his last breath, Sir Sean Connery early in the career was reluctant to commit to a film series but innately understood the traction the success of those films would provide to his fledgling career and subsequent benefits accruing out. Fortunately for the movie buffs as well as the actor himself, the decision proved a masterstroke as the ruggedly alluring appearance and blessed rough charm catapulted the actor to an entirely different league altogether. There was no looking back as a slew of never seen before canvases, technically brilliant and grandiosely launched movies captured the imagination of the moviegoers across the globe.
Pc: Daily Express
- Thus, began the journey of James Bond, essayed by the indefatigable Sir Sean Connery, starting from No, From Russian with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, Diamonds Are Forever, and till his final appearance as Bond in Never Say Never Again, respectively. Imposing screen presence, attractive personality, and unique dialogue delivery mastered with consummate ease set apart the dashing Agent from others by a long distance. Who will ever forget his iconic dialogue My name is Bond, James Bond delivered with nonchalant swagger and revered haughtiness with such panache?
Pc: Yahoo Finance
- People brought up on the steady diet of James Bond movies will aver that Sir Connery was the best of the lot immortalizing the character forever and setting a hallowed benchmark worthy of emulation for the rest following in his footsteps. He was polled in the Sunday Herald as The Greatest Living Scot, Euro Millions survey as Scotland’s Greatest Living National Treasure, Voted by People Magazine as the Sexiest Man Alive in 1989 and The Sexiest Man of the Century in 1999. He was knighted in the 2000 New Year Honours for services to film drama. Rest in peace, Sir Sean Connery! You will be as entertaining in the other world as you were here!