- Despite Unlock guidelines issued by the Union Home Ministry easing the way, there are still few restrictions observed by several states, especially disallowing free inter-state and intrastate vehicular movements by resorting to unwarranted barriers. Few sectors are also yet to see the day of light even after all these months of enforced lockdown. Knee-jerk reactions from some states by holding onto increasingly negative returnable lockdown measures are stymieing the planned move to kickstart economic activities.
- By now, most of the country would be familiar with the virus’s typical characteristics traits and an effective game-plan to tackle the same is executed accordingly. Many states have successfully implemented the strategy of test, trace, track, and treat that ensures the surge is not only restricted but efficiently addressed as well so far as keeping in check the more concerning case fatality rate (CFR) factor. Infection rates observed of late is also quite under control looked from the population density angle of the country.
PC: news medical
- Citizens too are following what is expected from them vis-à-vis social distancing norms, wearing masks, and frequent hand washing methodologies largely thanks to concerted efforts at disseminating the information consistently. By the look of things, the country has eased into a routine by pragmatically accepting to live with the virus as exhorted. This being the case, continuing to exercise precautions in not allowing few leftover sectors to resume activities defies logic and merits definite relook at once.
- · Thankfully, guidelines are issued allowing for cinema and television shoots to recommence to ensure the entertainment industry starts rolling without delay. Hardships over the months have already snared quite a few individuals from the industry unable to cope with the pressure owing to various reasons but mostly lack of work. Likewise, the opening of cinema theatres, mass public transport systems like suburban train services and Metro services should also be considered to further boost the economic activities. Add pubs and bars to the list as well.
PC: nationalherald india
- Of course, all necessary precautionary safety and health measures should be observed by the general public as well as implementing authorities, especially wearing masks while out on the roads. Trust me, unless economic activities pick up the pace and reach pre-pandemic levels of revenue generations as quickly as is possible, public healthcare spending is unlikely to see any palpable change. As such, it is in the best interest of all concerned that local barriers are not encouraged at all.
- The WHO Chief has mentioned that the ever-mutating virus will see an end hopefully in two years. And the country can neither afford to be extremely cagey nor remain in perpetual lockdown till then. Therefore, reverting to normalcy by opening all economic activities without diluting our guard should be the guiding light from now on. An early invention of an effective vaccine in the interim would be the icing on the cake. Fingers crossed and pray for the best