Recently, there were rumors that North Korea had tested a Hydrogen Bomb and their test was also successful. But these are just rumors; experts aren’t sure whether this notoriously reclusive country has really built and tested the Hydrogen Bomb. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, there was a seismic disturbance observed of 5.1 magnitudes caused by the explosion, which is similar in the strength to the rumblings from a 2013 North Korea test of an Atomic Bomb. But still remains the question that is it really the Hydrogen Bomb. This is North Korea’s fourth nuclear test. Between the years 2006-2013, they performed three tests which involved atomic bombs with the same power that devastated Hiroshima and Nagasaki and killed about 20,000 people. If North Korea is not faking then this is really bad news for the world because Hydrogen Bomb is the most destructive power of all, as Hydrogen Bombs are many times bigger in destruction than Nuclear bombs.
Hydrogen Bombs are 1000 times more powerful than the Nuclear Bombs. Hydrogen bomb uses the energy from the primary nuclear fission reaction to compress and power the secondary the nuclear fusion reaction. The result is massive great destruction as compared to Nuclear Bombs. Hydrogen Bomb is also referred as thermonuclear weapon.
Here some differences between these two destructive powers:
1. Hydrogen Bombs involves both the processes, nuclear fission and fusion to create a far more powerful blast whereas Nuclear Bomb involves either the process of nuclear fission or fusion.
2. The bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were the Nuclear Bombs that exploded with the yield of 15 kilotons and 20 kilotons of TNT. Hydrogen Bombs first test in the U.S. in November 1952 yield and explosion of the order of 10,000 megatons of TNT.
3. Hydrogen Bombs can destroy the whole city in one explosion. Hydrogen Bombs involves much greater evolution of energy than a Nuclear Bomb.
4. Hydrogen Bomb is difficult to make as it requires a high temperature of millions of degrees centigrade. And so fission is carried out first to produce more energy which is used to trigger the fusion bomb to for a more destructive purpose than any nuclear bomb.
5. The bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki had made a destructive impact that we still get furious by remembering the destruction it did. And by now, hydrogen Bombs have never been used in war. If it is used then, what nuclear bomb did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the effect of Hydrogen Bomb will be 1,000 times than the Nuclear Bomb.
It is easier to place Hydrogen Bombs in missiles as it is easy to make small sized Hydrogen Bombs than Nuclear bombs.
If these two destructive powers are used, then there will nothing be left than just dust and dead bodies all around the world.